Thursday, February 17, 2005

Dance!

Everyone talks about how black people have rhythm. But most drummers I see are white. I don't know what to think. People shouldn't generalize like that. Life can't be tidied up and placed in a little box. Unless it's a puppy. But I think women have really good rhythm. Most of them are really grace-like and swanfull. I mean gracefull and swan-like. They can move their bodies around like a snake. Well dressed snakes. With more than a mere four teeth. Who don't bite unless you want them too. They love dancing. Loove it. They will go to the club and dance. Just a bunch of girls in a circle. Dancing. Guys dance because the woman is dancing. There will never be a guy who says,

"Hey Bob, lets goto the club tonight. I just... I just wanna dance".

Women treat dancing like its an art to express themselves with. Guys treat dancing like they're finger painting in Kindergarten. But if its the only way to get into little Susie's Osh Kosh Bigosh it must be done.

Dancing reminds me that we're monkies with less hair. Correction, apes. Its instinctual, primal, sexual, all those things that don't involve thinking. Maybe that's why woman love it so much. They're just trying to get in touch with their roots. The most worth-while things we do are animal-like. Sex, eating and sleeping. Sometimes I wish we could take it back. I think apes were happy because they were simple. Female apes didn't have to worry about being sluts, and male apes didn't think, "damn, I wonder how many dicks have been in here before me". Cuz it was all about the feelin. Getting pregnant wasn't a concern, her vagina could be an I-Love-Lucy conveyor belt of baby apes for all was anyones concern. There was no such thing as ape rape because there were no words to say "no" with, and picking off ants and from your mate's ass and eating them was flirting and foreplay all in the same motion. Those were good times. Pure times.

Now we have to deal with all this self-awareness bullshit. I mean, really now. I just wanna dance. I just wanna dance, let myself become one with the music, and forget about it all. And I know there's some ladies out there with ants crawling on on their ass. Daddy's got opposable thumbs.