Sunday, April 03, 2005

Hookers in the forest

I've been so irritable lately, I can't quite put my finger on why. I suppose its that time of the month. The midol isn't taking care of my bloating, my cramps feel like they flew in first class from hell, and talk about needing ultra wings. Other than that, I can't imagine why I feel so quick to temper, but I do. I just feel like everything you say to me takes me one step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break. Everything you say to me takes me one step closer to the edge, and I'm about to break.

Even that line is pissing me off. Or at least it used to. When I first heard it I thought, if you're standing close to the edge, wouldn't the metaphorical straw that broke the camel's back make more sense if it were represented in terms of, geeze I dunno Chester, falling off the fucking edge? Why would anybody standing one step closer to a proverbial edge suddenly *break*, as opposed to fall off it. But then it occured to me that while I was thinkin in terms of cliffs or tall buildings, Chester may be refferring to the "edge of sanity". Plus it wouldn't sound as good if he said, "everything you say to me takes me one step closer to the edge, and i'm about to fall off". But shit, choose style over substance, sacrifice your artistic merit, I don't care.

I think part of my pissiness has to do with the fact that I just heard too many damn opinions over the weekend. That gets to me, especially because I don't hang out with the smartest of crowds. For some reason, be it the Pope's death, Schiavo's death, who knows what, everybody I was with wanted to talk about deep shit. I was hearing people's opinions on politics, religion, economics etc. nonstop. I hate that shit. I have a love hate relationship with other people's opinions. On one hand, I love the fact that everybody is entitled to their own opinion. On the other hand, i hate the fact that everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I've learned to keep my mizzouth shizzut in most cases.

But I'm not feeling too pissy. Actually I'm being histrionic, I'm not feeling pissy at all right now. As a matter of fact I feel good. Real good. Okay i need to stop touching myself. Now I just feel normal. And tired. Time to choke the chicken then hit the kitchen, get a bite to eat then goto sleep. Hows that for poetry, have you ever seen a hoe eat a tree?