Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Fuck Phones

Okay I've figured it out. It's not just people talking on their cell phones that gets me pissed off. It's people talking on the phone in general. I think its the concept of listening to a one-sided conversation. I don't like the concept of listening to a one-sided conversation. All my brain juice is involuntarily used up in trying to figure out what is being said on the other side as if this were all a big fucking puzzle, and I hate puzzles. I say this all because I'm listening to a non-cell phone conversation right now, and it's making me want to... I dunno i just feel anger. Copious amounts. And the person on the phone doesn't know he's making me angry, which makes me even angrier. One top of that, the person on the phone (my father) is laughing right now.

"Ahahahaha, thats so funny that sounds like him", he is saying.

Who the fuck is "him" and what the fuck is so funny? Fill me in on the comedy. I'm not getting any vicarious pleasure out of hearing someone laugh if I'm not in on the goddamn joke. It makes me feel like I"m in elementary school and someone just whispered something funny in someone else's ear and I'm watching in like, "Whats so funny guys? Guuuys, what's so funny?" And then they laugh at me and make a zipping motion with their hands across their lips. And they laugh at me. They laugh, they laugh, THEY LAUGH!!!

It's distracting even if there's nothing to distract me from. It just so happens that I'm trying to blog about being distracted by telephone conversations while i'm listening to a telephone conversation and being distracted. And I'm pretty sure this post sucks because I'm damn near typing on autopilot. Fuck phones. What ever happened to letter writing? Fuck phones.