Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wacko Jacko is no Longer Blacko

We sure moved on from the Micheal Jackson case pretty quick. It seems like only yesterday that my best friend wanted to strangle me for saying, "We should all sympathize for Micheal Jackson, poor guy." And I meant it. Whether he touched little boy berries or not, there's more than one victim here. Micheal is the victim of circumstance. I mean really, who the fuck chooses to be a nutcase pervert freak???

Micheal Jackson is looking for his childhood. Have you seen it?

Maybe I'm just lost in my own crazy metaphysical world because I'm not one to point the finger, or judge, or blame people for the way they are. And I do mean nobody; not even Hitler. (Still don't like the fella and the mustache was soooo metro, but in a bad way because this was pre-Bravo.) And I have my reasons for thinking this. Alot of them. It's not like I want to absolve the crazy motherfucker. Maybe my reasons are wrong. Who knows. What I do know is, I have them. Lots. They make more sense to me than others. And I"m good at making sense of things. That's all I have to offer.

Seems like people care less and less about reasons. Reasons for believing this, reasons for believing that. Me and Sex were having a little convo earlier about the possibilities of a supernatural reality coexisting with this one. She's a, ya know, believer. I'm not. But we both justified our stance and it was a delightful conversation. Delightful I tell you. I wonder how many people can justify their beliefs with such articulation as she did earlier. Or I wonder how many people simply go about picking and choosing beliefs like their outfits - whatever the weather calls for. Whatever looks good. Whatever still doesn't have a jizz stain on it.

But I'll digress. I'm starting to not like that word anymore. What's another word for digress?

Digressing...

People hold on tightly to the thought that their actions, accomplishments, acheivements and so on, are entirely theirs. Yet in a sense, the actor is lucky for having been born with the ability to act, the genius is lucky for having been born with such intelligence, and Micheal Jackson is one unlucky motherfucker. Is this anything new? Where does pride and shame fit in this roll of the die?

I don't want to get too deep into this subject. I bore even myself. It's not like I'm suggesting anything new. I just love talking about this shit because it makes my bejoogles pulsate. I'm lucky to be such a nerd. You may beg to differ. I've said absolutely nothing in this post now that I think of it. Lay off Micheal!