Monday, September 19, 2005

I am animal

Meat. Fucking lots of it. All up on my plate. Cook a cow in his own blood and hand me the proper utensils. I will grub that shit like he just ate my entire family and shat them on my lawn. I eat with savagery. I am animal.

I don't know what to think about animal rights. Animals feel pain, that is for sure. And when I think about it, from a purely secular standpoint, I could be a cow right now. Why am I a human? Beats the shit out of me. I could be a cow. Right now I could have some farmer's crusty ass hands on my dilapidated udder, tuggin on my shit like I'd squirt out tomorrows winning lottery numbers or something. Two days later he'd string my feet up to the pulley and cut my stomach open, letting my entrails spill to the floor as I went "mooooooooooooooo, fuck that hurts".

Animals feel pain man, I tell ya. Okay, chop a chicken's head off and he won't feel the pain, and then I guess its a matter of whether a goddamn chicken has a right to his own life. Not around me, but I still feel like a hipocrit sometimes. Sentience is a pretty morally relevant concept, and a chicken would be more sentient than, lets say, Terry Shiavo, post cardiac arrest of course, so I suppose I could argue that a chicken's life is fundamentally more valuable than a braindead bulemic - notwithstanding the family ties. There are chimps out there smarter than some humans, granted they'd be super retarded humans, but I wonder who's life would be worth more. Seems a bit arbitrary to say human life is always most important, "just because".

And if a chic got pregnant by a dog and had some dog-baby, would that mean the value of her baby's life is worth less than a humans? Like, a 1/4th less or some shit?

It all gets so random sometimes. Cuter animals are worth more, but what about the ugly ones? We eat them. What about fat women? What about those non-symetrical things out there that need out love too? Distinctions, distinctions, distinctions. I just said "distinctions" three times in a row.

But give me a plate full of meat and I will dig on that shit like my name was Harriet Tubman. Cept, when it comes out on the other side, it won't be facing freedom.