Thursday, June 02, 2005

This is it. Homosexuality.

Lets talk about homosexuality. Yeah, I love homos. Not because I enjoy their mannerisms- sometimes they can be downright obnoxious. Although their lisps amuse me thoroughly and homosexuality in general fascinates the hell out of me. I love them because everybody else hates them for no good reason. Religious fuckers.

Although to side with religion for a moment, many times it's just a bunch of homophobic hicks using religion as an excuse to continue being homophobic hicks. It makes me wonder which came first, religious piety or homophobia. Kind of like the question of, "does religion make people dumbasses or were they dumbasses to begin with?" Most likely they were dumbasses to begin with but the religion couldn't help. *cough* Falwell *cough*. Hold on why am I coughing? Fuck you Jerry.

I digress.

See I'm not gay but sometimes I like to fuck around as if I were, because NOTHING makes people more uncomfortable. And I get off on that. There is this very strict dichotomy we're supposed to adhere to. If you're straight, be FUCKING straight. Don't say words like cute, don't groom so much, watch at least one type of sport, talking about "fucking bitches", drive a big car, don't drink smirnoff ice and for chrissakes don't befriend girls, try to fuck them. Oh yeah, and don't write posts siding with the fags.

I'm not so sure its in my genes to be doing all of that, so I just assume these are things expected of me to do by the Great Whole, and I must abide by the rules of the Great Whole, lest others call me sissy...

But I think things goes even deeper than that. See, I find a little something peculiar. Women are far more likely to have a homosexual experience than men are. Are women just gayer than us men? Or are men not being gay enough? What a funny little concept.

Afterall, there is that whole "yuck" mechanism in our brain. But babies aren't afraid of spiders if you see where I'm going. And I remember being a young kid and telling my best friend, "I'll show your mine if you show me yours". And we showed each other and laughed, then we went and played Hungry Hungry Hippos. It was innocent. Nothing sexual. There are even plenty of indiginous cultures that encourage homosexuality, sodomy, and they enjoy it. And Tyrone in prison, need I say more?

We can enjoy practically anything we allow our brains to enjoy. The difference between a guy's hand, a girl's hand, or my hand is in perception. And that interpretation is surprisingly malleable as far as the reaction it elicits, or so research and life experience has shown. So basically what I am saying is, sexuality is more of a social construct than any of us would like to admit. We could all be gayer if we wanted to. But we don't want to. Duh. But at least to acknowledge this, is something. And I feel so much straighter for doing so. Where's my self-tanner?